Tuesday 28 June 2011

Challenge 44 - The Letter D

Hi all and welcome to our 44th challenge, Thank you to all of you that entered into our last challenge we had an amazing 261 entries and all of them fabulous.  Please scroll down for our Top 3!
For our challenge this fortnight our theme is.....
"The Letter D"
so any card, scrapbook or project as long as it links with our theme..
The Challenge is open from
 Tuesday 28th June - Monday 11th July. 

Our Spotlight Designer 
for this 2 weeks is  

Val Robins 

Welcome Val, we are frilled that you've joined us and what gorgeous creations she has made for us and your veiwing pleasure.... 

Lets get to know Val a bit better....


Visit Val's Blog 

Hi - I'm Val of Flissy's Crafty Haven. I have been married for 38 years, with two grown up sons, and three cats - an old lady Persian who is now 18 years old, and two naughty boy Chincillas. I live in a small village in Hampshire, southern UK.

I have a fairly eclectic style, working with stamping, digital and multimedia and altered art, although crafting in one form or another has been part of my life since childhood.  When I found cardmaking, and particularly rubber stamping, etc, around 10 or so years ago, it was almost life changing for me - I became addicted! This is well evidenced by the amount of stash I have, and very little space left in my craft room. I love colour and working with it and the results were so immediate.

I would by no means consider myself an artist, but I love the fact that I can sit and create.  It is 'me' time that allows me to relax and just think about what the piece I am working on it going to look like.    For instance, with the card I have made here, using an Art Journey stamp of some dancers - I created several different coloured backgrounds, and then decided which would suit my stamp best.

I was really honoured to be chosen as a GDT, and have enjoyed my time with this challenge team immensely - they are so talented.

Thank you so much for having me.



We are also joined by Lessa aka The Navy's Wife 

Lets see what the rest of the gang have created for our challenge. 











To Follow

To Follow 

To Follow 

TOP 3 WINNERS 



Congratulations Ladies please grab the Top 3 badge from the sidebar
If you are interested in becoming a guest designer please click HERE and leave your name and link. 

Hugs 
Lynne and the DT 



12 comments:

  1. How many D's do you think I could get on one card haha? Great challenge :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for choosing me in the Top 3! :0)
    Congrats to the other winners!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for picking me for Top 3 Im completely thrilled by it. And congratulations to the rest of the winners. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge, love the DT inspiration. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had such fun with this, thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you like my card, nice to play with letters :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the "letter d" challenge - i used a digital stamp and have dots on my background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have entered my card into this weeks challenge, but not sure if it counts.
    My card is 'Down on the farm'.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great challenge, thanx. Stunning DT cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great theme! And wondeful DT-works!
    Michi

    ReplyDelete